expr:content='data:blog.isMobile ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> theroytravels🌏: Introduction

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Introduction


Hi all, my name is Powell Roy Louis, also known as 'theroytravels'. I am a medical doctor from Malaysia. I love travelling and I am new to the blogging world. My passion is to travel because I am a person who loves to explore different parts of the world and to meet people of various cultural backgrounds. To be frank, I only started to travel more since my late 20s because of time constraints, budget and commitments to work and education. But in 2016, I promised to myself to indulge in traveling regularly despite the busy working schedule and to prioritize my annual leaves more on my travels as I anticipated the fulfilling experience. As you travel avidly, you will realize how much our amazing planet has to offer and this becomes evident only if you choose to come out of your comfort zone. I share a lot of my travel journeys on Instagram: 'theroytravels'. 

I am not a person who is well versed in writing blogs initially because of the hustle to pen down everything that is on my mind and the lack of confidence in my writing skills. But after getting to know many other travel influencers like Nomadic Matt on social media, I started to realize how much I have missed on sharing my travel experiences in depth to others and all I need to do is to start writing instead of procrastinating.  Instagram is one great way to share and inspire people, but it is very precise and therefore I decided to finally open a travel blog to share my travel stories, insights of the places that I have visited and how to travel with a limited budget or in the most practical manner. 

Many of us are committed to our routine work or career that means so much to us and being a family medicine doctor, I am here to share on how to travel constantly throughout the year while working. I am not here to ask you to quit your dream jobs to become a full time traveler, as some of you have a family to feed and a job that you worked hard for all through your life. So, this page isn't created for monetary purposes but for the sole reason of SHARING. Almost all my travel pictures are taken using mobile phones only and hence I will share on how to take nice pictures by only using your hand phones and some basic editing skills. In other words, I am just trying to make my travel feed a practical inspiration to others. 

You can also follow my Instagram account where I actively post my travel stories, photos, local guides, quiz and other inspiring travel pages as well. Do read my upcoming blog posts and please feedback to me or share the link if you'd liked them. I am open to constructive comments on how to improve my blogging skills. 

Thank you all. 

"BEFORE YOU RUN OUT OF TIME"

Powell Roy Louis @ theroytravels🌏
Instagram: theroytravels
instagram.com/theroytravels
e-mail: powellroylouis@gmail.com
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMZ5tPd0tM_4Ukwz7EBPMCQ






2 comments:

  1. All the best with blogging! I'll be checking out your blog for sure for travel ideas and informations! 😁😃👍🏼

    ReplyDelete

Best of Bali, Indonesia; things to do at least once.

Bali is a well-known Indonesian island rich in culture, tradition and nature sight-seeing. I had a splendid trip to Bali recently in Februar...